Welcome to Willow Bridge
We are committed to creating a lovely and memory for all our guests. We hope you will find this access information useful and that it helps to make your visit an enjoyable one. We are aware that everyone’s needs are different, so if there is any detail you are looking for that is not covered in the information below, then please do get in touch and we will be happy to help. And of course, we will be on hand to assist you at any point during your stay with us.
● The nearest train station is Honiton which is approximately 15minutes by car. It is also served by a direct bus to Sidmouth from the station forecourt. This South Western line goes to Waterloo via Salisbury. Exeter St David’s is the main GWR station with trains to London Paddington and it is 40 minutes by taxi.
● Please ask if you need to be picked up from a bus station.
● Exeter has an airport with regional flights and taxi facilities.
● Local taxis are available, and we would be happy to book a taxi in advance for you.
When you arrive at the B&B
● There is a car park at the side of the B&B and each room has a parking space available.
● For guests arriving, when it is dark the car park is lit and there is lighting above the front door.
● The access from the car park has 3 steps down to the front entrance. The entrance directly from Millford Road is a gentle slope to the front entrance.
● We are happy to assist you with your luggage.
● The town centre is just a 5 minutes’ walk away on level ground via Salcombe Road or over a small footbridge on Millford Road.
General points● This B&B is on 2 floors and only has staircase access. There are no lifts.
● There are no toilet facilities for the guests on the ground floor. The only facilities are in the guest bedrooms.
● There is a mixture of natural and artificial light in all areas.
● The B&B is a non-smoking facility in all areas.
● Information is available in large print if requested.
● Our Reception area has a wooden parquet floor and is all on one level on the ground floor.
● The lounge is carpeted, on one level and accessible from the main entrance.
● The breakfast room has a wooden parquet floor, is on one level and accessible from the main entrance.
● In the breakfast room there is movable seating and there are chairs without arms.
● There is background music in the breakfast room. This can be adjusted if requested.
● All stairs and landing areas are well lit and carpeted.
Accommodation● There are 6 bedrooms situated over two upper floors.
● There are 5 rooms with a shower. The shower in Bedroom 6 is larger and has a grab rail. Bedroom 3 has a separate bathroom, and the shower is over the bath.
● We do not have any ground floor rooms.
OutsideWe have a small cottage garden. There is outside seating for guests. This is on the grass accessed by one or two steps from the path.
Fire Alarm● The fire alarm is a high-pitched siren and does not have flashing lights.
● Emergency evacuation plans are described in guest room information. Please ensure that you make yourself familiar with these for your own safety.
● An evacuation procedure can be agreed with guests on arrival.
● Emergency lighting will be on in the event of power failure.
FeedbackWe have tried to be as accurate and detailed as possible in our Access Statement, but we are always willing to give further information so please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always looking to improve our service to our guests, so please let us know if you have any comments about this access statement. We would welcome any suggestions you may have that would make your stay with us more comfortable and enjoyable.